Monday, July 9, 2012

Daycare Qualifications


Throughout the IRA/NAEYC the major point that stood out to me was that in a high school diploma is sometimes the highest education one may need to be in the childcare profession. I do not like the idea that a high school graduate that may not have any or little experience with children would be helping my child one day. I completely disagree with this qualification and I definitely think it needs to be changed. Most students that only graduate from high school do not have a professional and serious attitude about a career.  For example, they may have inaccurate pronunciation and the child would in turn start using the language they would hear everyday in daycare. I think the best education earliest in life is very important to a child and I definitely think that someone should have more than a high school diploma and much experience and knowledge about children to be involved in the childcare profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment